Common Estate Planning Errors
January 17, 2020
6 Reasons to Create and Fund a Revocable Living Trust
October 28, 2019
How to Start an Estate Plan
September 24, 2019
Awnings, Rogue Waves and Thankfulness!
December 21, 2018
Gift Tax - Does this apply to me?
November 29, 2018
Headaches and Honey-Dos
September 18, 2018
LESSONS LEARNED FROM IRMA
August 6, 2018
A Reminder- before heading North!
March 6, 2018
Protecting your Legacy
February 13, 2018
New Year: Create a Bucket Binder!
January 16, 2018
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Estate planning can be a detailed process. We are always here to help! Make sure you aren’t missing something that could end up costing you.
Here are some common estate planning errors:
1) Not naming a beneficiary of: an IRA, Life Insurance, Annuities, any benefit from a union or former employer
2) Not planning for out of Florida real estate: how to title to eliminate or reduce death taxes in that state, titling to avoid ancillary administration
3) Improper planning for non-U.S. property – may need a will drawn in the foreignjurisdiction
4) Not ascertaining the citizenship of all heirs
5) Not taking into account possible undue influence as you age
6) Not taking steps to reduce likelihood of litigation in the settlement of your affairs
January 2020 (1)
October 2019 (1)
September 2019 (1)
December 2018 (1)
November 2018 (1)
September 2018 (1)
August 2018 (1)
March 2018 (1)
February 2018 (1)
January 2018 (1)
December 2017 (1)